Friday, April 10, 2015

Detective Work!




Have you ever walked in to a room, and your spouse or child instantly stops what they're doing and puts their phone away? I know I have, and it's frustrating, because they come off so sneaky that it leaves me wondering.... What were they doing? Who were they talking to?? What are they hiding??? Maybe I'm just paranoid, or nosey, but I hate "what if's."
With Investig8 by Susteen, I don't have to worry about what-if's. I KNOW what's going on! Investig8 is a really awesome program, used by the FBI, to retrieve cell-phone history and usage. Not only is it ridiculously thorough, but it's pretty quick too! Investig8 sniffs out current & deleted messages, photos, web history, and  more, and compiles it into user friendly reports. With these reports, you can easily set your mind at ease, or find out the dark truths. It all depends on how badly you want to know???

I trust my husband and my children to make good choices, and do the right thing. However, not everyone else can be trusted, and some of those people may not have my family's best interest in mind. There's way too many shady people out there, so I use investig8 to keep tabs on who is contacting my family. More specifically, my children.
We've all seen spam emails and website pop-ups, but how often do we stop to think about the potential harm some of these could be in the hands of children? Especially now that cellphone usage is the societal norm. People have gone so far as to set up spam text messages, to specifically target mobile users. The thought of a stranger messaging my kids and offering sexual favors or photos absolutely mortifies me!
When I was offered the opportunity to test the investig8 software out free of charge, and provide my opinion and feedback, I did not hesitate to say yes! My husbands phone was my first guinea pig. I hooked the phone to the computer via USB, and ran the investig8 software. Within 10 minutes, the entire contents of his phone (including deleted items) had been downloaded and compiled into a file folder on the desktop. Viewing the report, and referencing information did take some getting used to, but using #tags made it go much quicker!

I was floored at how much stuff could be retrieved. Investig8 was able to bring up every text message that had been sent or received since the phone was purchased--- over a year ago!!! The messages were all compiled into 3 styles; Received, Sent, and Full Conversations. This way I could easily check for content and cross reference conversations if need be. Investig8 had also imbedded links for every photo ever sent or received. All I had to do was click the link and the photo file was accessed. The sheer amount of information obtained was overwhelming!

For those of you wondering, my husbands phone had nothing incriminating to reveal. However, if he had... I don't doubt that investig8 would have found it, and packaged it neat and tidy with a bow for me. After scanning my sons devices, I was also given immense peace of mind. The steps I have taken to safeguard my child from predators seem to be paying off! It's important to not only teach our children internet safety, but also to monitor their use. Investig8 is a great way to keep track of what your child is up to online. Not only to protect them from predators, but also from bullies, and any unwanted contact.
The fact that investig8 can pull up so much information is awesome, and even a bit scary. The things people could do with this software... I don't want to think about it! For me, it's a blessing, and provides peace of mind. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's a safeguard, or a danger!



Data Pilot Investig8


This product was received complimentary, for testing and review purposes. The above statements are my own honest opinion of the product.

No comments :

Post a Comment