Sunday, March 15, 2015

Madonna's Rebel Heart


I've recently been re-immersed into the world of 80s pop icon, Madonna. As soon as I heard that there was a new album to be released, I was eager to get my hands on it! With fond memories of "Material Girl" and "Vogue", I knew this album had to be amazing--- I mean, it's been 30+ years, good things get better with age... Right???

A little info about the pop icons 13th studio album:

Madonna's new album, "Rebel Heart", was released March 10th under the Interscope Record label. It includes 19 tracks, and features other hit artists such as; Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Nas, Chance the Rapper, and Mike Tyson.
Per Madonna, " Rebel Heart explores two very distinct sides of my personality, the rebellious renegade side of me and the romantic side of me”.

Rebel Heart Track List

01 “Living For Love”
02 “Devil Pray”
03 “Ghosttown”
04 “Unapologetic Bitch”
05 “Illuminati”
06 “Bitch I’m Madonna” (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
07 “Hold Tight”
08 “Joan Of Arc”
09 “Iconic” (Feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson)
10 “HeartBreakCity”
11 “Body Shop”
12 “Holy Water”
13 “Inside Out”
14 “Wash All Over Me”
15 “Best Night”
16 “Veni Vidi Vici” (Feat. Nas)
17 “S.E.X.”
18 “Messiah”
19 “Rebel Heart”

So, I was super excited to receive my free copy of "Rebel Heart" for review via One2One. I was instantly taken back to the most wonderful, nostalgic, days of the early 1990's. I was hoping for the mid 80's, but the early 90's were also pretty good! Track one, "Living For Love", successfully recaptured the essence of the Madonna we all know and love... as far as I'm concerned!

Then, I heard track 2, and I felt my respect for Madonna begin to dwindle. As I continued to listen to the music, I found myself skipping through more of the tracks than I was actually listening to. The parental guidance logo on the label is no joke--- most often you find that label just signifies some swear words, but in this instance it marks the degrade of a pop icons morality.

Now, don't get me wrong, the music itself is awesome! I love all of the different styles, and beats that are represented. I just can't get past the verbiage! Madonna has adopted a serious potty mouth, and has taken to degrading herself. This, I find embarrassing, and I just can't bring myself to listen to any more of it.

Sadly, the new Madonna isn't my cup of tea.

Check it out for yourself... 





Disclaimer: I participated in the Madonna Rebel Heart album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.
#RebelHeart  #O2O


No comments :

Post a Comment