Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My very first jam-boree!

Ever hosted a jam-boree? I'm not talking about your average, every day party... I'm talking about a jam party. Yes, a party celebrating jam! Probably not, and that's ok--- Because it's weird and unless prompted, who really thinks about throwing a jam party?!? Well, I did. I recently hosted a jam-boree, celebrating these fantastic new fruit spreads that I tried.

Until I discovered Just Jan's, through a party I hosted via Tryazon.com. My only experience with jam was on toast (and on a few baked goods.) I would never have dreamed of adding it to savory dishes. The thought of adding jam to my cooking was strange, and intriguing. I simply had to try it! So, I invited some friends and family over, and introduced them to Just Jan's... In an interesting way. I made dinner!

My Just Jan's Tryazon pack included Just Jan's Lemon Curd, Just Jan's Kadota Fig Fruit Spread, a 6 pack of assorted mini Just Jan's jams, some recipe ideas, and a super cute apron. So far, my friends and I have only tried the minis on toasted sourdough... but we got a taste of jam magic with the Lemon Curd and Kadota Fig Fruit Spread! Yes--- I added jam to dinner, and it was MAGICAL!!!

Our dinner consisted of: pan seared turkey breast, corn on the cobb, and kale with apple and fig. Dessert was a home-made sweet oat muffin with pecans and lemon curd. The entire meal was absolutely amazing, and healthy!

Who'd have ever thought to add jam to kale?! Sounds weird, but it's actually delicious! I made this amazing kale side dish and it was a hit----- Even the kids loved it! It's healthy, full of vitamins & minerals, and tastes heavenly.

My Recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of kale, washed, & chopped
  • 1 pink lady apple, peeled, cored, & chopped
  • 1/2 tbs garlic powder
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • A big pinch of salt
  • 1 tbs Just Jan's Kadota Fig fruit spread
Directions
  1. Toss the kale in a heated pan, with olive oil, garlic, and salt.
  2. Once kale has wilted a bit, add chopped apples.
  3. Continue to toss until Apple's begin to brown.
  4. Add Just Jan's Kadota Fig fruit spread. Stir in until the jam is evenly dispersed. 
  5. Continue to cook a few more minutes, until the kale is completely wilted & apples are soft.

Sadly, the healthy, flourless, oatmeal muffins are not my own recipe (but the kale is!!!) However, you can click here for the recipe. They're delicious, and I omit the raisins & top with pecans instead. I dont think raisins wouldn't taste too good with lemon curd, but if anyone tries it--- Let me know?!

Just Jan's has lots of other flavors, including sweet & savory! Head to JustJans.com and check out their vast selection of jams. Every flavor is unique and 100% natural. Make every meal a jam-boree!



#JustJans #SpreadTheGoodness #Tryazon #GotItFree

Product provided complimentary, for sharing & evaluation.

No comments :

Post a Comment