Monday, August 8, 2016

Windows to your soul...

It is often said that your eyes are the windows to your soul, so why not frame those windows in perfection? Whether you touch up your brows, add a little color to your eye lids, or just wear mascara, L'Oreal has you covered!


My recent makeup finds:

I'm a huge fan of eye makeup, especially eye liner, eye shadow, and mascara. However, I'd never used any brow products, or eye lash primers before. These products hadn't even crossed my mind, but I'm beyond excited to have discovered them!

I never realized how light my eye brows were, until I tried L'Oreal Brow Stylist (Prep & shape). The kit comes with miniature tweezers, a mini spoolie brush and application brush, and the brow stylist products. The stylist products are a colored wax, and a colored brow powder. As an added bonus, the small compact that they come in has a mirror! This makes touch ups on the go super easy!!!

To use the L'Oreal Brow Stylist (Prep & shape), I simply followed the instructions on the package. (See below.) The results were astonishing! My brows looked fuller & darker. It took only a few minutes, and I was floored by the results!
  1. Tweeze unwanted hairs, and brush your brows. 
  2. Apply the wax in an upward motion, following your natural brow line. 
  3. Apply the brow powder. Using the same motions as you did with the wax. The powder adds color, and fills in where you put the wax! 

After doing my eye brows, I used my L'Oreal Color Riche  Eye Shadow. I used an angled brush, and applied the lighter color first (200- Paris Beach). Starting at the inner corner of my eye lid, I worked my way up toward my eye brows. Then, I went back with the darker color (207- Pain Au Chocolat), and stopped at the crease of my eye lid. I finished with a fluffy brush, and blended in any harsh lines.

Then, I added dimension to my eyes with L'Oreal Infalliable Never Fail Eye liner. It's a thin mechanical eye liner, that twists up vs. sharpening. As an added bonus, it comes with a smudger!

To apply, I started with my bottom eye lid. Working my way from the inner corner out, I added the eye liner above the roots of my lashes. Then, I used the smudged, and worked the eye liner toward the roots. I did the exact same thing with my top eye lid, but went a little lighter.

I rounded out the look with L'Oreal Voluminous Primer & L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara. Since I'd never used a primer before, I was unsure of the outcome. Again, I was pleasantly surprised! My lashes looked longer, and much fuller after using the primer & mascara vs. just applying mascara.

I started with the primer, and applied it exactly how I would mascara. It left my lashes white, and I could easily fill in any spots I had missed. I let the primer dry a moment, and applied my mascara. Again, the primer is white, so I could tell if I had missed any spots. The mascara covered beautifully, and didn't run or streak at all! Plus--- my lashes looked 1000 times better!!!

Over all, I'm quite impressed with these products. They added some much needed definition to my eye brows & eye lashes. I especially love that I was able to achieve a more natural look, just more amped up. Even my husband noticed! He told me he'd never realized how thin my eye brows were before... #L'OrealMakeup to the rescue!

Products received complimentary, for testing and review.

No comments :

Post a Comment