Monday, August 1, 2016

Help me get my Zzzzz's ???

I've suffered from sleep problems for years. My brain just doesn't shut off, and it takes hours for me to fall asleep. When I heard about ZzzQuil, I had high hopes. Maybe there was finally something that would help to ease my sleepless nights--- Something that would help me fall asleep before the sun comes up?

Finding a sleep aid that actually works for me is top priority. My sleep issues have caused tremendous strife in my marriage, family life, and on occasion my job. Most nights, I go to bed at a reasonable hour. Of course, reasonable depends on my work schedule. I work evenings. So--- most nights, I am in bed by 1 am. I'm tired, and actively trying to go to sleep. I just can't! I lay in bed for hours, and eventually get up out of necessity.

For me, sleep is a luxury.

My first night taking ZzzQuil, I was super excited. I followed the directions and took the 2 pills, making sure I had plenty of time to get a full night of rest. I even took a calming lavender bath, hoping it would promote sleep as the label implied. An hour later, I was sleepy.... but not sleepy enough to actually fall asleep. So, I waited... and waited... and waited some more. I finally fell asleep, about 4 hours after taking the ZzzQuil. Approximately 1 - 2 hours before I normally would have fallen asleep. ZzzQuil didn't work quickly for me, but falling asleep a little earlier than i nomally would is a good start I suppose.

I went to the store and bought a whole bottle. My thought process at the time was that if it helped a little, maybe I needed to take it more often. Perhaps it would work better in the long term? After a few more nights of trying the ZzzQuil, I'm a lot less hopeful. So far, I still can't seem to fall asleep like I should. I like that it makes me tired sooner than i usually would be, but I'd really like it to work quicker. Maybe it's just me?

I will continue to use the bottle of ZzzQuil that I bought, but I'm not sure I'll purchase more. Unless it really starts to work... I think maybe I need to start praying for a miracle?

I'd like to stay away from prescription sleep medications if possible. I'm open to to suggestions!

Product provided complimentary for testing and review purposes.

No comments :

Post a Comment