I recommend trying the sound first. If that doesn't get your dogs attention, move to light vibration. Proceed to increase strength, until you've reached a setting that is effective for your pet. My dog does well with a medium vibration setting. Its just enough to surprise him, and remind him to correct his behavior. I use this product primarily for barking and table manner issues.
- Range up to 800M - LCD white backlight
- 8 levels shock and vibration adjustable
- One level sound mode comes with transmitter
- Red LED flashing and sound model in receiver
- Rechargeable and water-resistant design
I received my set as a gift, to test and review, and I've found it to be tremendously effective. My dog picked up some undesired behaviors while he stayed with friends, when we moved. This has been the best training aid to curb his jumping on the table, begging, and barking at every noise.
Check it out for yourself...