Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Come on baby, light my fire...



I've always been curious as to how to use a magnesium fire starter... Yes, I know, I'm a fire bug.... I can't help it! I really like fire, and I'm curious about all of the different methods of combustion, etc. So, I was offered the chance to check out an emergency magnesium fire starter, and I was thrilled to accept! What's cooler than learning survival techniques, starting fires, and spending quality time with my husband (he showed me how to use the fire starter!)?

So what exactly is it... A magnesium fire starter is a magnesium stick, and a steel striker on a string. You strike the sticks together, across their hatch marks, to create sparks. In theory, the spark catches on kindling, and you have fire! I, however, was not allowed to actually start a fire in my apartment complex. BUT, I did get to test out the fire starter, and it was a lot of fun!

My husband showing me how it works.


Want your own? 


Product received complimentary, for testing & review purposes.

No comments :

Post a Comment