Sunday, April 12, 2015

In Essence...



For my family, aromatherapy via essential oils, is a normal part of every day life. Whether using oils to scent my home, or to fulfill certain functions, they've become a permanent fixture. I personally feel that cold diffusers are the quickest, safest, and most economical source for aromatherapy. Why? Quicker, because the essential oils are diffused into the air immediately, and no time is wasted on waiting for bulbs or heating elements to reach temperature. Safer, because no heat is involved. God forbid my children get a hold of the diffuser and spill it... They won't get burned! Lastly, it's more economical. Yes, I know, it uses electricity just like other units... But, it also requires far less of each essential oil. This is a huge factor, since pure essential oils are rather pricey. 

As far as actual diffuser units go, I prefer to use a larger unit in my main living space, and a smaller unit in my bed room. This particular model is perfect for the bedroom. It's small enough to sit on a night stand, and comes with an optional built in night light! This means you can used it with the light or without! Plus, you can pause the light and keep it at one color, or let it continue to gently sift through each color. I also happen to think it's quite tranquil, and very relaxing. On the other hand, it can also be very romantic. After all, two important factors in "setting the mood", are lighting and scent! 

An added benefit to having one of these in the bedroom; they serve as miniature humidifiers! Use them without oils, and they're plain old humidifiers. Toss in a few drops of eucalyptus oil, and you have a great cold and cough vapor! Add a few drops of tea tree oil, and you have an antibacterial vapor that will cleanse the air, as well as help with cold and cough! Or, just add a few drops of lavender, lemon, and one drop of peppermint, and you have what I call "calm & relax". I use this on especially stressful days! 
I absolutely love that I was given this diffuser as a gift, to test and review. It's become such a staple in my life, I honestly don't know how I ever managed without it! 





No comments :

Post a Comment